Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ground Pumpkin Seeds

I’m not sure why I did this, but I ground up a whole bunch of pumpkin seeds. Now I haven’t a clue what to do with them, besides making nut butter. Any really cool ideas? Keep in mind that we are not using flours, sugars etc. (as I’m sure most of you aren’t either) A good burger type thing would be cool…..but, please, amaze me!! :)

Comments

• I sprinkle ground pumpkin seeds on top of pasta-type dishes or caesar salad as parmesan cheese.

• I had a batch of that once or twice, too. I like pepitas a little spicy. Maybe do a romaine wrap w/ sea salt, sprouts and cayenne for a kick (and blood cleansing). That or maybe make a protein rich curry paste.

• You could also make the spicy taco meat ( recipe on this site ) with ground pumpkin seeds. I remember one of the people who commented on that recipe used pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts and said that it was fabulous.

• Thanks everyone…some great ideas….not sure what I was thinking!!! Got carried away with my Green Star I think!! :)

• I’m eating the spicy taco meat recipe right now and I used pumpkin seeds. It’s fabulous! I served it over a bed of spinach and garnished it with cherry tomatoes.

• You could make a different version of gomashio by adding sesame seeds, sea salt, perhaps some powdered kelp for a nice seasoning.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

a few seeds make a great thickener in salad dressings

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i just did the wild mushroom stuffing recipe from this site, it calls for pumpkins seeds.