Is Ezekiel Bread Raw?

I am uncertain and would like to know if it is considered Raw? Thanks

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I do not believe that it is raw if it is bought commercially. I know there are recipes to make it raw in books.

• willmizewillmize Raw Newbie

It’s not raw, but I think it’s a great ‘transition’ bread if you’re looking to wean yourself off the crap that is regular commercial bread. I love the cinnamon raisin one :)

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I like the Sesame sead one. I am in ‘transition’ and it helps me with those bread cravings!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

RawJim~ Your bread sounds interesting. Can you cut your bread into slices? Have you tried it with other sprouted grains? I’m not familiar with this bread.

• For the essene bread, I use hard red winter wheat, and after the sprouting (2-3 days) and food dehydrator grinding, I roll into small balls, and press to flat 1/4” crackers (putting flax seed on the bottoms to avoid sticking). These take 25 minutes @ 350 degrees (not raw, but sproutarian).

I’ll also sprout the wheat along with Lundberg “wehani” brown rice for a different taste. This bread comes out very sweet without adding anything.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I use to make bread by hand on a weekly basis. I gotta tell ya, I miss the whole kneading process, the smell of the yeasty bread, that fresh loaf out of the oven. Nirvana!