Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw foods at Trader Joe's and Costco

RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I think it would be nice to keep each other updated on raw, organic foods available at Trader Joe’s and Costco. For instance, during my last visit to Trader Joe’s I found raw, organic asparagus, potatoes, fuji apples, cucumbers, zuchinni. There are more, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind. I didn’t find as much at Costco, but I did see organic spring mix.
Have you guys found items not on this list?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I LOVE TJ’s! It is one of the two places I shop at regularly. :-)

• Well…. I have seen raw nuts-all for decent prices, olives that I am pretty sure are raw and pickled?, dehydrated raw fruits, and raw cheese as well as other raw relishes and stuff in the cold deli section. If you are near co-ops or health food stores they usually have raw krauts and things with some of their refrigerated bulk liquids. But, sadly I just don’t know if it is as easy to find all this stuff in areas other than Cali. and Oregon, and Hawaii. Can anyone share input on that notion? I am curious!

• Here’s where I go to shop:

• TJs – organic fruits & veggies
    • Safeway – for seeds to sprout – 1 lb packages of dried “goya” brand beans – whole green peas, lentils, chick peas, & cow beans
    • Whole Foods – mung beans, hard red winter wheat (for sprouting), and flax seeds
    • Amazon.com – carob powder (for chocolate banana ice cream – yum!)
  • when i was visiting my parents in the u.s. during october, i went to costco with my mom and found raw almonds, pecans and cashew as well as lara bars and maple syrup (i know it’s not raw) and a wide selection of salads and cucumbers, carrots and bananas and apples all at costco. very economical.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I was just at TJ’s. I was surprised to find Almond Meal (Just Almond Meal) and Clementine oranges. I got some of the Clementines since they were talked up so highly on another thread. :-)

• Oh yeah… clementines are great! I love the change of seasons & getting the new foods. Pomegranates are near the end (I have to get some more), and clementine season is here!

• Wild Oats is another awesome grocery store. I get tangerines there and they are delish. I also bought some raw almond butter. I will never go back to my old Jiffy habit. ;) Vitamin Cottege is also a great place to buy dry goods to sprout. Very cheap as well. We sprout all kinds of goodies.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

That’s a helpful list, SITA. Thanks.

• Most TJ’s have lots of produce and it’s all raw. They usually have organic as well as conventional. My favorite fruit from TJ’s is the papaya, they sell these Brazilian papayas for $1.99 each that are the greatest, not organic but still taste great. The one fruit which is not raw are the mangoes, they are heated or treated with vapor before entering the US. I buy a couple of the organic romaine salads in a bag and eat them out of the bag almost every day. Great tasting and gives me the daily supply of greens.