Food Combonation

So I dont understand Food combonation at all!! lol does anyone know a good website to learn from, or can anyone tell me anything about it.
Thank you Jessica

Comments

• Try this link:
    http://chetday.com/fcprins.html

Dr. Herbert M. Shelton may be the Father of
    Food combining, get his book on Food Combining.
    Look at nature, a watermelon plant doesnt grow next to an apple orchard, next to a Kiwi tree etc. So dont mix your fruits, try eating a mono fruit diet whenever possible.

Knowledge is Power!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

generally the rules are as follows:
    eat acidic foods like oranges and lemons on their own.
    don’t eat fruit after a meal, becase fruit digests very quickly in comparison to other foods and will literally “sit on top” of your previous meal and go rancid.
    don’t combine fruits and nuts.

there are other but i can’t think of them off the top of my head. really i’ve never had a problem combining fruits and nuts, so i guess it is more important for some people than it is for others.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Food combining is based on two premises. 1) Combining incompatible foods results in a competing digestive environment: One food may require certain conditions to digest it (for example, alkaline conditions), and other foods may require an acid condition to break the food down. 2) Different types foods stay in the stomach for different lengths of time. For example, it may take 2 hours to digest a starchy vegetable, and only 30 minutes to digest fruit. If you eat them at the same time, the digestion of the vegetable will hold up the digestion of the fruit, and the fruit will putrify in your stomach causing gas, toxins and acid.
    Also, you don’t want to dilute your digestive juices with liquids.

Food Combining Rules for raw foodists:

1. Liquids alone (Allow 15-60 min to digest)

2. Melons alone, one variety at a time. (Allow 30-60 min to digest.)

3. Combine fruits in proper combination. Do not combine sweet fruit with acid fruit. Sub acid fruit may be combined with either sweet or acid fruit. (Allow 30-60 minutes to digest.)

Acid fruits: Orange, lemon, sour fruits, pineapple, grapefruit, kiwi…

Sub Acid fruits: Sweet apple, sweet berries, apricot, mango, papaya, pear…

Sweet fruits: Banana, date, fig, persimmon, sweet grapes all dried fruit…

4. Do not combine dense, oily proteins with dense starches or starchy vegetables.
    Low starch & green vegetables and sprouts may be combined with dense/oily porteins, fermented foods and starchy vegetables and dense starches.

Dense oily proteins: Avocado, beans, cereals, nuts, peas, seeds… (2-3 hours to digest)

Dense and starchy vegetables: Artichokes, beets, peas, carrots, cooked corn, potatoes, squash, potatoes, pumpkin. (1-2 hours to digest)

Low starch & greeen vegetables & sprouts: Asparagus, Beet greens, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, chard, collards, raw corn, cucmber, garlic, kale, lettuce, leeks, onions, parsley, radishes, spinach, tomato, turnips, watercress… (1-2 hours to digest)