Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Triumphs

It’s a small thing. My brother agreed to meet me for lunch at a raw cafe (they also serve a few cooked things) near his work to discuss our family x-mas plans. He is a committed SAD eater with newly diagnosed HBP. I got my fave beautiful salad and a side of raw hummus and flax crax and he got a turkey wrap. Anyway, I gave him a sample of the hummus and crackers without telling him it was raw and he loved it! I explained how it was prepared and he was amazed. He said that it should definitely be part of our x-mas eve buffet and that the cafe was so great he was planning to come back with his work mates.

The other thing – My DH is also a SAD eater, but eats anything raw I prepare. However, he always thought the green smoothie thing was just too out there. Well, now I not only have our 5 year old choosing them over any other food, but also most of my close friends blending away too. We were driving to a B’Day party the other day and I was getting my huge green smoothie in on the way to prevent temptation and he actually asked for and enjoyed several sips! Now he wants to have one on his way to work every day to see how he feels. I’ve got it all ready to go for him in the fridge for tomorrow morning.

I’m just so thrilled, especially for my brother. Baby steps – cross your fingers for them!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

That is brilliant, I know how you feel. My carnivourous brother went vegan after coming over for a raw vegan meal with us, I am so proud!! It is the best thing in the world to introduce “normal” people to raw food I love it!
    So cool about the green smoothies, they are addictive aren’t they?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

My husband had always teased me a little about the raw thing so I was shocked a few weeks ago when he said he wanted to try to go raw from thanksgiving until christmas to see. He’s doing well with it, I don’t think he’s as hooked as I’d like him to be, but I think he’ll make changes. While he informed me he’s not staying raw, he did admit he’d probably incooperate green smoothies in the morning and the wraps he’s been having for lunch into his diet so I suggested to him to perhaps just be raw till dinner like Natalia Rose promotes and he said he’d probably do that. Baby steps is right!

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

That’s very cool Kminty3. He just might end up feeling so great from Raw then when he goes back it might not feel so good…..turning him back to Raw :) Cheers!

Kristen Suzanne

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

That’s awesome! I have at exactly 13 family friends hooked on green smoothies now.