What to do with Rotten Avocadoes?

What do you do when you cut into an avocado and it’s gray and rotten inside? Can you take them back to the store if you bought them that day? Do you just throw them away and curse the wasted money? I am generally very good and picking and timing them, but not always and it makes me mad to just throw money away! It’s like a sigh of relief when I open one up and it’s perfect inside! And so disappointing when it is not…

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

My suggestion is to call the store where you bought the avo and ask what their policy is (if they have a good customer service, they will take it back, not problem… refusing is not worth the bad relations it could cause). At least call them to say you got a rotten avo so they can check their shipment to see if the whole shipment is bad.

I don’t tend to take them back unless I have a whole batch that is bad. It costs more in gas and time. I might take it back if there was another reason for going to the store.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I try to keep receipts for that reason. Avocados and young coconuts are items that are sometimes rotten. If you’re not too far from your store, and it would be worth it to go in, then I would return it. Otherwise, do you have a compost bin or somewhere nearby where you could compost it?