Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

perspiration

teadeteade Raw Newbie

I know its natural to sweat, and I will never again use an antiperspirant.
However I find that sometimes (a lot), I sweat doing normal things.
I get those wet armpit marks on every shirt, through shirts and onto jackets.. etc.
I tried organic deodorants, sage, and even the lemon thing.
I don’t stink because that Rock Crystal stuff really works for smell!

I guess my question would be how to sweat less, not quit sweating, but reduce it to a normal kind?
How would you treat Hyperhidrosis in a natural way (no aluminum)?
Thanks!

Comments

• One great trick I’ve heard of (for sweaty feet, but I’m sure you could apply it to just about anywhere) is to soak the area in tea high in tannins… something about the tannin drying out the sweat glads. You will still sweat, but less.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Boy, I wish I knew!! I go through the same thing and going raw didn’t change anything. I’ve started taking different herbs recommended for anxiety, no results yet, but I’ve had to resort to strategic clothing choices and then at least I don’t worry about it. If I have a breakthough I will let you know!

• I heard a tea made with just water and fresh sage is supposed to help with perspiration, but I haven’t tried it yet. I have the same problem.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I’ve tried sage, many, many years ago. My older sister and I read about it and gave it a shot. It didn’t stop the sweats but we smelled like Campbell’s soup all day:-D

• hahahah! cracking up at your comment alix1962!!! what it would smell like to be a campbell’s soup all day hahahaha…

sorry, I don’t have any tips for sweating less but if i find any i’ll share them :)

• Hahaha, I’m laughing too now!
    Yeah, maybe I’ll pass on trying that then =)

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Wow, I’m surprised to see comments! lol.
    I have tried the sage thing in different ways… Warm sage is supposed to make the fluid run.. so don’t use that to stop sweating (I think it actually helped start up my time of the month once.. haha)
    Cold sage is supposed to suppress it a little.. I tried it and at first it seemed to work, but then it didn’t… and it really pinched my throat to drink it (other times it was tastey)
    Now I let the sage leaves soak in room temp water for two days and use that with my rock salt stuff..
    I don’t stink, though it is a unique smell.
    I still sweat rivers… haha. I wear this light zip sweatshirt all the time to hide it.. don’t know what I’ll do when the weather improves…
    going to need to invent armpit pads or something.

But yes, please.. any new discoveries will be greatly appreciate..
    I don’t want to go back to aluminum.

• I was thinking of making armpit pads for my shirts. I checked out some really antique, Victorian dresses and they sewed in little white cotton pads in the armpits!