Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

question about hemp hearts...

hey all! i was wondering about hemp hearts…it seems like i have heard a lot about them lately, and i was wondering if they were raw, or if you could get them raw. if they are raw, does anyone know the pros/cons of hemp hearts? thanks!

janna 

Comments

• Yes, they’re raw. I know that hemp is a complete source of protein and that it gives you incredible energy…seriously, I took them one day during a week of teaching a long kid’s club…that day I was bouncing, so energetic and all the other teachers were so tired looking (except my hyper sister who took them too)
    I love hemp hearts!!! So tasty and almost a nutty flavour.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I think hemp hearts are the only good thing about living in Manitoba… I can get them here, organic and cheap cheap. They’re one of those things that I feel I NEED when I’m eating them, great source of a lot of minerals and of course fatty acids and protein. They don’t need soaking either! I blend them with water to make hemp milk and use it as a smoothie base.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but are hemp hearts different from hemp seeds?

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Hemp hearts are shelled hemp seeds. I’m pretty sure it’s the only legal way to get them in the states. Here, I haven’t been able to find them around Winnipeg, but I saw whole, viable hemp seeds in a store in Vancouver. I won’t say which store, don’t want to get them raided :c)))

• morning theft, u can get them at a health food store for sure… i just get mine at the grocery store.

• Love, love, love hemp hearts. I have my ‘cereal’ in the morning with hemp mylk – gets me through the morning with loads of energy. I get mine at the health food store.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

They are yummy and a super source of all the essentail amino acids and omega fatty acids. They rock!