Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

feeding toddlers

I am very newly getting around to finally exploring raw…desperate and fed up and finally going to face the music :D
I’m curious about how to get my toddler into eating more raw? He LOVES fruit, but veggies are not his thing. He’ll eat beets, but only cooked, and carrots if they come with goddess dressing, but greens and most things raw will not go down the hatch :s Pretty much anything green has to be shredded and hidden in scrambled eggs (no I’m not vegan) or brown rice.
So, I’m just looking for advice from other parents who have made the switch and dealt with similar struggles.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Hi nubicy! I have a toddler and face the same struggles. Mine likes to eat fruit and nuts of all types, but for greens, I find that smoothies are the best! You can hide a lot in them and my toddler really likes them. He also likes seaweed noodles, zucchini noodles, and carrot noodles with marinara sauce, pesto sauce, and thai slaw sauce (you can find these recipes on this site). He also likes any and all nut/seed mylks. You can make raw cereals with nut mylks.

Also, you might want to add avocado, flax oil/or seed, walnuts, chia, etc to the smoothies for the omega 3 fats for brain development.

• BreakingFreeBreakingFree Raw Newbie

This summer I experimented with green smoothies. My 3 yr. old, who is picky, loved them. Her faves were: Apple juice, strawberry, and spinich. Apple juice, peaches, spinich.

• Thanks for all the great tips :D

• HI, I have two young children (toddler and tiny tot) also that I am trying to encourage more raw eating. It’s not going well so far. They are excited about smoothies but don’t drink them when I make them. Especially if its green. Crackers are their favorite food so I think I am going to buy a dehydrator (I am very new to raw) and try making crackers for them first.

Good Luck, keep me posted if you find success.

• i also have stressed myself out with trying to get my oldest daughter to eat more raw. i finally came to the conclusion that the most important thing is that seh eats things that are homemade and not processed (as in the artificial garbage- not a food processor) as possible. although i want to instill the raw eating habits young, it’s difficult to change a toddlers diet up when they’ve eaten non-raw for a few years. i mean, come on, my daughter is also in the midst of potty training and getting used to a younger sister and starting play group. i have a cook book, ‘the sneaky chef’. it basically making purees and hiding it in food. i use a lot of her recipes and also get inspired to try some of the recipes raw. adding blueberry and spinach puree to almost any food, drink or sweets raw or non raw is an excellent way to hide great nutrients.