Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Maca Question

ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I have been thinking about experimenting with maca again. I took it once before but I dont think I took enough because I didn’t notice any difference. I read that it is used as a food in Peru so they must eat a large quantity, not just a teaspoon or so.
What dose do you take to really feel the benefits of it?
Is it good to take the tincture, or powdered root?
What do you put it in?

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I use the powder version of maca. I find that 1-2 tbls a day in a smoothie works great for me. Not too sure about the tincture, but I am sure it is just as affective. The Incan generals use to feed their soldiers loads of maca and their stamina and drive was amazing. Of course you are not a soldier battling wars so a very great amount is not necessary. But if your husband is giving you a hard time take some more and show him who is boss :) Maca has natural steroidal properties which help maintain muscle mass, stamina, sexual vigor and fertility. Hope that helps.

Peace, Love, and Blessings,
    V

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

thanks humanimal. ok, lets see if this makes me like the Bionic Woman :)

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

ok, I just bought some red maca. should I start slowly? does it matter? can I mix MSM and maca in the same smoothie?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I didn’t know you could get red maca!
    My partner puts it in his smoothies and cookies before working out. I have found it to increase libido, if you know what I mean!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Thanks, sweetpea. The red maca was on sale on naturalzing, as opposed to the regular maca. It said that it’s milder in taste, but everything else seemed to be the same. Since I’ve never taken it before, should I take smaller amounts? Does it conflict with MSM? (can I combine it in the same smoothie?)

Thanks!

• Here is a link to a website that discusses the many benefits of maca. I found it very helpful:

http://www.macaroot.com/benefits/index.html

Enjoy!