Pie Shapes

germin8germin8 Raw Master

I’ve seen so many beautiful gourmet pictures… of pies, quiches, anything with a crust. What is used to make the nice shaped pie crusts?

Comments

• I believe it would be the pan or container they use. A quiche pan, a spring board pan could work too and then afterwards just shaping the sides of it with fingers, depending on the consistency of the dough.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hmmmm, maybe a picture would help.

Like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79839992@N00/2035215471/
    and this: http://therawtable.com/recipecoll/lemoncr.htm

Do I have to do this manually? It looks so uniform.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi germin8~ The flickr link didn’t seem to work… I’m going on the second link. The cook/chef made that yummy looking Raspberries & Lemon Cream (tart) with a tart/tartlet/brioche pan. Here are tons of examples of tart/tartlet/brioche pans.

I was really tempted to tell you they did that perfectly by hand and torture you a little. Then thought better of it. ;)

Thanks Bluedolfin. Looks like those are nice and easy to take the pie out without destroying the ‘art’. :o) And, thanks for not torturing me!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

germin8~ My privilege… The molds with the bottoms that come out might be the best choice. It is easier to get the contents out of the mold while retaining the “art.” I noticed there is even some mini tart pans with removable bottoms. Pretty cool… Since you won’t be using hot stuff, check out jello molds also. There is a huge variety of molds out there. BTW, the tart pans are pretty much available everywhere in cook stores, department stores, etc. You can check them out there also.

I got the flickr link to work (had to copy/paste the link rather than just clicking on it). Those are pictures of the Spinach and Wild Mushroom and Spinach Quiche by Russel James.

Yeah, wow… thanks Bluedolfin.