Nutrition Colleges

Hi, I would love to enroll in college geared towards holistic health and nutrition. I’m looking at Clayton College & University of Natural Health.

Does anyone have any info to share on either of these? Good or bad?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Well, I am in a similar situation. Not sure what to choose. But… my thoughts are that degrees in holistic type places may not be a good idea because of the whole codex thing and what might be happening in the next couple years – like not being able to sell herbs. Just my thoughts though; I don’t have enough information.

Because of that, nutrition degrees from accredited schools seems to be a better idea. I found a couple Masters in Nutrition degrees online for under 10K and another for about 19K.

What do you want to do with your degree?

There are also classes about the law and science of US food regulations; kinda unrelated, but totally interesting for me.

• Oh, thanks! I’m not too sure what I want to do with it. I may go into nutritional counseling or even (one day) have some kind of yoga/nutrition retreat type of business. I’d love to be able to counsel people with illness.

I mostly (immediately) want to do it for my own personal knowledge. And to be very honest, I feel like I NEED some kind of degree to validate myself with others. I am in constant battles with friends/family telling me I should be “more educated” before making such “huge” nutritional changes for myself and children.

What schools have you looked into?

• If you want valid accredited programs, check out Bastyr University.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

In my opinion, Bastyr is way too expensive. If I were looking for a degree, maybe it wouldn’t seem so expensive. (I already have a degree (non-health-related).)

I looked at Huntington College of Health Science and Bridgeport

I looked at some others recently, but I don’t remember.