Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Non-Sweet Green Smoothies

germin8germin8 Raw Master

As much as I enjoy my sweet fruit green smoothies with apples, mangos, banana, kiwi, pinneapple, pears… etc. I need some non-sweet fruit smoothies (still green smoothiese) that use cucumbers, celery, bell peppers, etc. Most (if not all the green smoothies here are sweet… so, what are some good combinations for non-sweet smoothies… that don’t use starchy vegetables… and I won’t be adding any agave or other sweetener that’s not a fruit. Oh yeah, and it’s got to taste good. :o)

Thanks!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Anybody…?

• PamPam

I like spinach, celery, parsley, carrot and ginger. You could try leaving out the carrot.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Victoria has a few savory recipes in Green for Life. An example of a combination is: kale, dill, 1/2 lime, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and water. Sounds good!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Sundried tomatoes? In a green smoothie? Wow, sounds very different from any smoothie I’ve had. Oh yeah, I should check that book… because I just bought it last month. Thanks all.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

And ginger gives the smoothie an delicious and different taste.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

It depends on if you want a low sweet smoothie or a soup. I used to make low sweet smoothies using lemon, berries and perhaps pear, adding in some greens and a pinch of salt. A little cacao works well too as it is quite a bitter flavour. Instead of banana you can add a little coconut oil to make is silkier.

• I just did a big handful of kale, a few little tomatoes, 2 sundried tomatoes, a piece of English cucumber, 1 1/2 of a whole lemon…skin and all, some nutrititional yeast and a bit of salt with 2 cups of filtered waer and it was yummy. I never liked these and now that I have been raw a while it tastes great. Enjoy :)

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

parsley, cilantro, water, lemon/lemon juice.

• I love my green smoothie v8; greens ( usually spinach ), lemon juice, a tomato and either some garlic or green oinion ( which ever digests better for you ). Yummm