San Diego Restaurants

I am flying to San Diego and going to Vista CA in a few days. Does anyone have any suggestions on great restaurants I shouldn’t miss? I am going to be with two children as well. I would love to go to a raw restaurant as we have only one in Wisconsin and it is hours and hours away from where I live.
Great vegetarian and vegan suggestions are welcome too! Thanks.

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Welcome to San Diego… there are a few suggestions for raw restaurants on Dining and Dating. Search for Greenery & Cilantro.

On Sunday’s there is a tour and raw dinner at Optimum Health Institute in Lemon Grove. This is a fair distance from Vista.

• Thank you for the ideas. San Diego has to be my most favorite destination thus far in life. I am ready to enjoy the sun and warmth to take away the Wisonsin winter blues.

I forgot… to get other reviews on restaurants, goto Happy Cow.

Are you also looking for non-raw places?

• I would love all suggestions. The more I have the more I have to choose from and can plan ahead of time.

Here’s a few restaurants of varying healthiness, adventure, and price…... But you might be able to get some raw stuff at some…

Hotel Del Coronado – pricey – Old hotel filmed in “Some Like It Hot”. They have a HUGE buffet on Sundays (actually I think it is some kind of human trough :) ), on the beautiful island of Coronado.

Marine Room – pricey – in La Jolla, restaurant is on the ocean front. If there is a really high tide or stormy, the restaurant gets waves crashing on the oceanfront windows.

Ki’s – Encinitas, across from the beach. The place is a bit funky… They have an upstairs that is sit down. Love their ahi anything…

Phil’s BBQ - Hillcrest, one of the best bbq in San Diego. If you get there around regular eating times, there is a huge line.

West Gate or Grant Hotel (I don’t remember which) – Downtown. Has a “high tea”. Call them to find what time it is served if you are interested. Might be fun and unusual for the kids…