Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hi to everyone!

queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hi all! New to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I have been into raw for the past two years. I have been a vegetarian for the past 17 years and on and off vegan many times throughout that time. I have been a strict vegan for the past 2 years.

I got into raw because I like to eat as close to nature as possible and for health reasons. I also like to experiement with different chip recipes for the deydrator and like to sprout and make raw nut cheeses and creamy dips.

Comments

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hey, it’s nice to meet you! When you say you were a strict vegan can you elaborate? Strict vegan compared to a regular vegan?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hia Queen fluff, I love the raw cheeses. Let’s face it the ‘fake vegan cheese’ is utterly disgusting, at least here in the UK it is. I was so glad when I made almond cheese and mylk for the first time. What a revelation that was. It was all I could do to stop myself running out into the streets to tell everyone about it. Great to meet you!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

By strict vegan I meant that I didn’t let myself slip like I had in my 17 veg*n years where I went on and off being vegan. :) So, I guess regular vegan. I think I have had a couple things with honey along the way.

Yep, vegan cheeses are gross. I have tried one of the UK ones (Sheese) and it is great compared to the American ones. I have some Sheese I am just finishing up. I make a Raw Brazil Nut cheese that is a nice spread and a dehydrated Cheddar Cheese that I put on my Raw pizzas. I’ll have to post the replies.

Nice to meet everyone! :)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I would LOVE to have that dehydrated cheddar cheese recipe…please do post!!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Nice to meet you too. The Raw Brazil Nut cheese sounds wounderful!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Ok, I put both the recipes under the “cheese” section. :)