Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cookie Dough

Can’t raw foodists just whip up a batch of vegan cookies and not bake them? I can’t think of anything unraw in most recipes. I often appreciate the dough much more than the cookies.

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

technically yes, except most vegan cookies contain flour, soy or rice milk, refined sugar (even brown sugar or “raw” sugar cane), etc. these ingredients are not raw.

• Check out my brownie recipe (BROWNIES IN A PINCH)...it is totally doughy!

• you can totally eat any raw cookie dough undehydrated of course, ohh nooo now you’ve gone and giving me a craving! :)

• PS my favorite unmessed with dough is approximately 1 part ground walnuts, 2 parts pureed soaked/soft dates, 1 part shredded dried coconut, cinnamon to taste, and vanilla to taste. It’s heaven!

• Cookie dough ice cream anyone?

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Mmmmmmmmmmmm cookie dough…

What the heck people, I’m trying to do my MC here and you gotta bring up cookie dough!!! ha ha! j/k

• Flour can be raw. Sometimes, but not very often…I use freshly ground organic wheat (we grow it ourselves!) for my recipes. That is very healthy! But most flours are really bad for you, refined, bleached, irridated (I know it’s spelled wrong. :0)