Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Uses for Pup from juicer?

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I have looked at a lot of recipes and plan to make some things that use the pulp from the juicer but I was interested in even more ways. There are COOKED soups, muffins, burgers and cakes that have carrot pulp in it but I am looking for raw versions. Is there such a thing as carrot pulp cookies raw? How about apple pulp?? I am on a 30 juice fast. Today is day 14 so I am starting to get a lot of pulp that I just hate wasting. I want it to me my staple food when I get off my fast! lol. Thanks, Shawn

Comments

• If you have a dehydrator, you can add some ground flax to hold it together, some seasonings, maybe a little liquid, and dehydrate to make a raw bread.

• Please don’t put your pup through the juicer…

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Typos! I meant PULP.

Shawn

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

If you go to the home page and search for the word pulp, there are quite a few recipes. I haven’t made too many of them, but this mock tuna salad is delicious.

• PamPam

I like to make a carrot bread similar to the recipe on this site using dates. However, I use only 1/4 cup of flax, ground, rather than 1 cup. I have also left out the flax and its fine.

Also, I posted a thumbprint cookie recipe that’s delicious.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I have frozen my carrot pulp (using a FoodSaver to suck out all the air possible) and then used it in carrot cake cookies and carrot crackers at a later date. It worked great.

Cheers!
    Kristen Suzanne

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

That is what I need, carrot pulp cookies.