Psoriasis

My husband has had psoriasis for at least 10 years. We have been eating raw for almost 1 month now and he has had another outbreak. We are not sure if this is a normal process in adapting to the raw diet or if he is allergic to something that we are eating. We read in a few of the forums that it could be acidic fruits, for example, cacao, or spices, but we are really not sure. What we would like to know is how can we find out what is causing his breakouts, how we can get him to the place where he can eat just about anything in the raw diet, and how we can eliminate this condition once and for all.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi. i have just managed to get rid of a terrible itch that has been annoying me since july last year. there are triggers that you can work at eliminating or lowering which is all that i did to get it under control. 1. Acidic foods, eg. Pineapple, citrus, tomatoes, chillis, peppers, spicy foods, berries,lentils and salt.. thats the raw stuff. 2. Eat lots of greens 3.Lower you stress, anxiety and worry and fear 4. Drink lots of water 5. chemicals – smoking, chlorine, hair dressing products, paints, insecticide & pesitcide, strong detergents. Get a laundry detergant that is sulphate free etc.
    6. constipation – lots of water should help that! these are definatley worth a try, it could take a little while to get it all out of his system but perservere. Oh and try omega 3 fats like flax seeds or flax seed oil(linseed)
    good luck with it!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I’ve had terrible eczema my whole life, which was cured completely after about 4 months raw. Lots of greens help, as well as avoiding oranges in my case.

• I have had really really bad eczema my whole life and I still have it only no way as bad as before. Have you had an allergy test done? Yes raw is all well and good but there still maybe things that your husband may not be able to tolerate raw and just not be aware of it. Also a lot of juicing may help. I kknow that the Juicemaster Jason Vale said he was covered ion Psoriasis and eczema and juicing dramatically helped to clear his condition!

• FreesiaFreesia Raw Newbie

How can you eliminate this condition once and for all?

If you are prepared to be very serious about this, there is a way that may help you.

I had a large patch of psoriasis on my ankle which despite 3 years of cortisone creams did not get better at all.
    Even raw food was not sufficient to conquer it.
    I then did a water fast…and guess what?
    Psoriasis not completely gone, but almost.
    I then did another water fast….I could hardly see it at all.

I have just completed another fast today… psoriasis continues to improve again and again..there’s barely a mark there now, even though it does still itch from time to time. I’m being VERY careful not to scratch it and applying moisturising oil (jojoba) twice daily.

I highly recommend doing a water fast and then re-introducing raw foods one by one to gauge the bodily reaction.
    It’s possibly a long process , but it does work and the responsibility lies then with you and not the doctor and prescribing creams, drugs, etc.

Fasting is not difficult, although many people fear it and discount it.. but i urge you to find out about it as much as you can, and you have each other as support…

Fasting sets you up for eating raw food, because after not eating
    for 10 days, every bit of fruit and veg tastes like heaven
    and you won't want to introduce those foods that are less than
    optimum for your health.
    You may have to fast a few times to get your desired result.
    There's a lot of info out there on the net about psoriasis
    and fasting, and it's excellent results.

It’s such a deep skin issue that I certainly wouldn’t expect it to disappear in one go,... gradually, step by step,

Wishing you well.