Heart Healthy Recipes?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi all!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I would be teaching a raw food class in March… well, I think it may move up to February. And, I was asked to find heart healthy recipes. So, what kinds of ingredients (I’m sure all are good) are good for the heart?

Also, my husband suggests I should demonstrate raw salad dressings since they tend to be high in fat. So I’ll make a cucumber dressing and avocado dressing. I also want to demonstrate recipes that have good fats like first cold pressed olive oil, flaxseed, flax oil, avocado, coconut, hemp. So, I will make the onion bread… & something else, not sure yet… but ideas are welcome!

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

To be honest I can’t think of a single raw vegan recipe that would be bad for the heart…I suppose a REALLY excessive amount of fat may pose a problem, but then again its all good fat that won’t clog your arteries or anything so I don’t see how that would work…
    Perhaps concentrate on leafy greens for cleansing? I’m sure whoever asked for the recipes would be happy to find out that it would take a lot of effort to create a raw vegan recipe that actually poses a threat to your heart!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes, elizabethh… I have the same thoughts. I just wanted to find ingredients that ‘affect’ the heart in a good way.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

well, the heart chakra is green, so i’d say greens…

i’m guessing you wanted something a little more scientific though =)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

germin8~ Check out some of the work done by Dr. Mehmet Oz. He is a heart surgeon that is very much into nutrition and good healthy food.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thank you for the advice. Greens… oh, that is SO EASY. I’ve been focusing on fat lately… so, I’ll do more research about greens & the heart. I have one more week to prepare a program. And scientific is good… due to the kind of audience I will likely have – nurses, doctors, public health promotors, pastors, scientists, engineers, and more.

Thanks Bluedolfin, I’ll check Dr. Oz out… and you reminded me that Dr. Nedley is a cardiologist and I read his book so I can refer to that and hopefully remember what I read 6 years ago.

I’m excited! Whenever I teach these classes, I always tell people about this website.