Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

crunchy rice...

I made a raw rice salad (recipe out of alissa cohen’s book) and I thought by now the rice would be soft – it’s been 6 hrs sitting in liquid – apple cider vinegar, olive oil, water .... etc. should I have soaked the rice first? How do you get the rice soft…? Help!

Comments

• Hi Cher,

What kind of rice did you use? Wild rice? Brown rice? I like wild rice the best. I usually let it soak at least overnight and it’s usually soft or bursted open the next morning to be put into recipes.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve never done raw rice. It doesn’t have to be sprouted after soaking? Does it taste good?

• I would love to try wild rice! I wonder if raw guru sells it raw…

Cherjohn85, even if your rice didn’t quite work out, could you share the recipe?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I think it is very difficult to find truly raw wild rice because if it is black it has been toasted. You can soak it for a few days to get it soft and I’m sure there are nutrients worth having in it but no live enzymes! I believe there are a couple of rice salads made with it on this site

• I just made a fabulous rice dish last night using parsnips. I julienned then chopped real small into rice size bits, then used the spanish rice recipe on this site. I put it in the dehydrator for a little while to warm and it was soft and delicious! My SAD eating bf loved it too!

• the kind of rice I used was “lundberg Wehani wild rice” I got it at a place
    wild oats (which was just bought out by whole foods) I love rice and not sure what type to use… I just posted the recipe on the recipes section. I’m not even completely sure what sprouted rice means….!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I recently made a wild rice dish by sprouting the rice in a bowl of water placed in the dehydrator. (The recipe came from this site)I used the real hand parched wild rice from www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com It turned out beautifully! Highly recommended.

• did u put it in the DH to keep it warm?

2nd ?

If rice is soaked, sprouted can it be DHed without becoming too hard?

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

IM1RU8

I placed one cup of wild rice in a container with 3 cups of water. Covered it and placed it in the D for about 24 hours maybe less I don’t remember. It came out tender and nutty, a little chewy but in a good way. Search under wild rice dishes to find the exact instructions on this site.