Shoulder Pain...

So, since my change to raw food since Jan.7th, 2008, I have had NO shoulder pain…. However, I went out with some friends two nights ago and drank 2 glasses of wine and I now have minimal pain in my shoulders? Could this be from the wine? I rarely drink, so I was hoping the raw food diet would help with my chronic shoulder pain..

Any insight would be greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Shoulder pain, especially the right shoulder, is often associated with gall bladder problems.

Also, if you eat foods you cannot digest, it can blow some of the acupuncture meridians and show up as pain along the meridian.

• Greenie, thank you:) I’ll just have to figure out what foods I may not be digesting?? Last week I backed away from all the nuts and seeds I was eating b/c I did notice that, it wasn’t working for me. I am eating them, minimally though.

Thank you for your help.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

And, who knows?-it may be unrelated to what you ate.

FWIW, the very best bodywork/exercise I have found is in this book:http://tinyurl.com/yqxf27

The author studied with Feldenkreis and is brilliant. He discovered that a lot of muscular pain and problems are due to what he calls ‘sensory-motor amnesia’ in which the central nervous system forgets how to operate and relax the muscle. He created a series of movements to re-educate the bodymind and unlock the body. The book describes this and shows the series of movements you can do in about 10 minutes a day. They work VERY well. I get more physical unlocking from them than an hour of yoga.

So anyhow, your shoulder pain can also be caused by locked up pelvis, which will skew how you stand and consequently how the shoulders hang. Most bodyworkers will completely miss this and focus instead on the area of pain, which is almost never the area that causes the pain.

Hope this helps.