raw oats??

i really like oats but i was wondering..if it says 100% natual, does that mean raw?? Sorry, just a lil confused

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

No, if it is rolled oats, even if it says raw, they are all steamed before they are rolled out. You can still make oatmeal cold by adding water to it and letting it sit overnight. I usually just add water or nutmilk to it and eat it without cooking it. Tastes nice that way but it is a little hard though i like it like that. At any rate, it is not raw though. Natural means that it is natural as in no junk in it. Though sadly nowadays, a lot of stuff says natural but it really isn’t. They lie. Also, honey green tea. It has the green tea part, then sugar then other junk THEN honey as the last ingredient. They only add just enough honey so that they can say it is a honey green tea. Made naturally with honey. true but it has very little honey and mostly sugar and preservatives.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

“Natural” is a term that some companies are using to confuse people into thinking a product is good and nutritious for them. Not neccessarily! There is no commercial specification (correct me if I am wrong) for something labelled “natural.” “Certified Organic” does have a commercial specification. However, the specifications are different for different certification agencies (different countries have different criteria).

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I buy truely raw oats from Alissa Cohen’s site or goldminenaturalfoods.com. They are fresh and unheated during processing. They are rolled and are smaller and firmer than the organic rolled oats you get at the HFS. They are chewier but very good.