30 day juice fast???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Today is day 21 on my 30 day juice fast. I was wondering if anyone else has ever went through the same thing and could tell me what they experienced. I felt terrible the first two days and then after that until about day 10, I felt really great but then from about day 11-15 or so my muscles were very sore especially my upper legs. This is normal as I have found in my studies. They say that I will feel better than I ever felt in my life. I think that in some ways, I have felt better but been more sore. So, this has been a good experience and a bad experience. But, I know that it is just detoxification for the most part and am looking forward to eating raw food.

I also found out recently, that I have not been taking enough laxatives and I started doing that again to start BM again. It is amazing how much junk comes out of a guy that is not eating.

Please tell me about your experience and also about how you broke the fast and how long it took to break the fast. Also, about budget. The stores around here had REALLY good deals that I took advantage of. Like clearance sakes on produce such as a 2 lbs bag of limes for 55 cents! 18 lbs of grapefruit for five bucks! I think that this fast altogether is costing about $150.00 for the month. I guess not bad. I have found that the clearance produce items really save money and I will try to buy things there more often even when I am done with this fast.

Thank you,

Shawn

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I did it for a month before and my experience sounds pretty much the same. I did experience a good deal of sore muscles and weakness but let me tell you it was well worth it. After that cleanse I have never ever felt better in my whole life. Even the short 10 day cleanses I’ve done have not compared to the month long one that I did. Be very careful breaking it though. I spent at least a good week+ breaking it. I started by adding in some heavier juices and then added in smooties and high water content fruits like like melons and what not, after that I was good to go. Good luck in the home stretch!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Thank you!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me that. I am 17 years old and still living with my parents. The rest of the family is not vegetarian at all. They are worried that I am killing myself. Also, that I am too young for it. In my studies, I have found that juice fasting is for ANYONE because you still get all the nutrients you need. Though I have lost a lot of weight, I plan on gaining it back. Has anyone out here been skinny, tried and extended fast, and then put on more weight than before they started the fast??? I have read that juice fasting is how a skinny person can put on weight.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

There is a ton of info on juicefeasting.com. They give good guidance on how to break the fast.

• wow that is awesome.. what set of guidelines did you follow? do you have a site with a 30 day fasting map? let me know!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I did not follow any specific guidelines. I drink about 2 quarts of juice a day. If I have more money for that week and more produce, I drink more juice. Most of my juice is veggie juice but I have about a pint of citrus (grapefruit and lemons and or limes or oranges) in the morning and sometimes again at night. I try to take some kind of laxative such as salt water or intestinal formula # 1. I also take fennel tea which I believe is good for the eyes and for the digestive system. That is a laxative too. Also, wild grape juice is very good. Though a little sour, it is very good and it must have laxative affects also as I had a BM after I drank some. We have wild grapes growing all around here so we picked some, juiced them and froze the juice. Then, I take the frozen grape juice and let it sit out a little and break it into chunks and eat it.