What are NORI rolls?

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

As I understand it, it is some kind of seafood or something. Like, a tortilla shell??? I saw some recipes that used nori rolls and I have no idea what it is or where I can buy them. Help?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie
    The “nori” used for nori rolls is a square pressed/dried sheet of nori (a type of seaweed) the thinness of paper… actually it is about the size of a sheet of paper. It somes in raw and toasted varieties.
    • Click on Gold Mine Naturals to see what it looks like and a source for them. You can also get them in healthfood and asian stores.
    • Bryan Au shows you how to use them. For more vids, enter “video raw vegan sushi” into your favorite search engine.

Nori makes great wrappers for wraps like a tortilla or lavash would be used. There are tons of suggestions for wraps on the web. Nori is used in Japanese sushi wraps around fish, rice, and other ingredients. Nori has a “sea” taste to it and is good in mock fish (like tuna) recipes and crumbled over foods.

Happy rolling :)

• If you ever been to Any Nguyen’s Vegetarian Resturant in Sacramento you will find there “salmon” to taste like fish.. when really its the nori that gives it that taste..