Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need help from the Brits please

I would love to make the Parseyberry Dream juice, but fo the life of me I can’t figure out what a punnet is…Brits out there…please help!!

Comments

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

It’s a little container/basket used for berries and such. I believe it’s equal to about a pint. (Think of those little cardboard containers that blueberries come in.)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Not a Brit but I do know that a punnet is a pint. After a while you get use to terminologies and conversions :)

• Thank you both…I think I’ll make some Parsleyberry Dream tonite!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

A punnet of strawberries is always one size, a punnet of mushrooms is much bigger, and a punnet of blackberries is usually the same size too. It is just a basket which contains a family sized portion of that fruit or vegetable.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Sounds a lot like the “handful” measurement… my (petit, but functional) handful or your godzilla handful?

Didn’t the English give us our insane measuring system (how many feet? how many pints? how many ounces?)? The punnet measurements sound like they came from the same lunatic! ;p I’m all for the anal metric system!!!