Bulk Barn Contamination

shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I bought some raw sesame seeds just under a month ago and this morning I found some MOUSE TURD floating around in them! I was completley grossed out and called the Canadian Food Inspection Agency about it. I wasn’t pleased with buying from Bulk Barn in the first place as they generally mis-label their products (labelling raw when they’re not!) but this is disgusting!

The manager of that store (a Welland, Ontario Canada location) said to send in the sample to their headquarters and someone will get back to us – YEAH RIGHT! She also said, “So you wanna get my store in crap?” which was beyond unprofessional!

Anyways, I thought I’d let everyone know about this. I’d rather shop somewhere else but there is nothing around here! I’m looking into buying online but don’t know of any reputable companies that don’t cost and arm and a leg.

Anybody know of some good reputable websites where I can buy Raw Nuts and Seeds?

Comments

• That is not uncommon really.. infact (if im correct) they allow a certain amount of feces in food.. but i think its very small amount.. as well as insects and such. FDA or someone allows that in the states.. i mean they cant be 100% (which sucks)

i recommend http://www.sproutpeople.com/

Not to long ago i too discovered rat feces in my raw kamut that i purchased the same day. i just brought it back and grabbed another..

LUCKILY RAT POOP FLOATS… so for you sprouts out there its easy to catch.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I figured it was not uncommon, especially when you’re buying in bulk. That’s why I’d like to find a reasonable substitute.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

rawguru.com
    naturalzing.com
    goldminenaturalfoods.com
    These are the main places I shop. I have nowhere around here to buy most of what I use raw or in bulk

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

thats funny, i just found a whole community of weird looking flies in a bag of raw oat groats.
    vegan or no vegan, i screamed and ran out of the room!

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Haha, that’s gross.