getting sick what to do?

hey all my throat hurts and feels a bit swollen….drinking tea at the moment what can I do to make this thing go away fast

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Is it a cold symptom? I usually use crushed garlic clove, mixed with raw honey, fresh lemon juice, ginger spice, and cayenne pepper. I spoonful of this (or two the next day or later in the day), and I’m good.

Drink warm tea with fresh ginger. That really soothes… but you’ll have to keep drinking it… because once you stop, the sore throat comes back.

I’m not sure what to recommend for a swollen throat.

• Hi stacey!
    how long have you been raw for? maybe it’s just a little bit of detox if you’re new. I had a terrible throat when I started but it went away after a few days and I haven’t been sick since.
    I’ve heard around the forums that fasting for a day or so is the most effective way to rid your body of whatever it is that is making you sick. Maybe try it if you have a weekend where you dont have to be anywhere.
    Hope you feel better soon :)

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I blend up (with water) parsley, basil, garlic, lemon, ginger, and honey whenever I have the slightest feeling I’m coming down with something. Sometimes I make it too strong and it’s a wee bit hard to get down but let me tell you it works and it has always stopped whatever sickness in it’s tracks!

• fast… thats the way to rid it fast… your body is tryin to get some toxins out.. so if you putting any harmfull things in you it will just slow it down

• Fast on water only and rest.

• guess i’m fasting now…..my throat is sore, I’m sneezing and have a runny nose :( Thanks for the help hope it goes soon!

• yea dont be afraid to drink some fresh jucices…. water fasting is serious.. at least to serious for me… juice fasting is great tho