Movie: Future of Food

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Has anyone seen this movie?
http://www.thefutureoffood.com

How is it?

Comments

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

It’s very informative!! Watching that movie opened my eyes a lot to the evils of the food industry in the US. I def recommend it.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great… I need to find out where to rent it. We’re not on NetFlix (which is one of the places it can be rented), and I don’t want to buy it either.

• SueSue Raw Newbie

Yes, I saw the movie and it is downright scary!!!! The company that
    is producing genetically modified food actually has a web site that tells us that this is a good thing. This is a paste from their web site.
    “Monsanto is an agricultural company. We apply innovation and technology to help farmers around the world be successful, produce healthier foods, better animal feeds and more fiber, while also reducing agriculture’s impact on our environment.”
    This company is destroying small farmers. They actually have a patent on a genetically altered “round-up ready” corn seed. This seed has had its DNA combined with a deadly weed killing poison. To add insult to injury, they don’t even have to label the corn as genetically modified. I won’t buy corn unless it is labelled organic.