Noob on Gluten

can someone give me the scoop on why its bad?

Ive heard different things particulary on allergies and calcium absorbtion.. can some please share their knowledge.. thanks

Comments

• Well, I don’t really know much about it but I did read somewhere that most people benefit from removing it from their diet because most foods with gluten are heavily processed and treated with many chemicals in the different stages of growth and storage. This is true for wheat that is not organic for example. I am not allergic to gluten as far as I know but I have bought organic wheat berries and will try processing them myself.

• Hi Plan B. I would suggest googling “celiac disease” You can also look up “wheat intolerance” www.celiac.com is a good resource.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Gluten is a natural toxin. Many people don’t have the enzymes to digest it. People with MS are encouraged not to eat it for this reason. Candida loves it though!

Soaking and sprouting is supposed to make it more tolerable, but if you have sensitivities to it, why risk it? There are other foods with similar nutrient profiles.