One month mostly raw

When I went to bed New Years eve, it was with a tummy full of beef, lobster, champagne and risotto. When I woke up the next morning, I had begun my quest for good health through eating as Raw as I am able. I’ve stuck out this program for 30 days, mostly raw, but taking a few liberties here and there. For the first week or two, I weighed myself every day, waiting for the promised weight to just ‘melt away’. I joined a ‘boot-camp’ style exercise class, and still the weight didn’t leave. I asked questions on this forum, and got some great tips, moving my breakfast to green smoothies away from fruit smoothies. Still, the dial on the scale didn’t budge.

When I started the exercise class, the instructors weigh you, measure you and take fat pinches (yuck!!). Last night I completed my 4-week program, and I haven’t really lost weight (about 2.5 lbs.), but inches are melting away!! I think I’m around 12 inches lost over 1 month. I am anxiously awaiting the official count, and will update this when I receive it.

The weight loss is fabulous, but the way I feel is better. I’m full of energy and I feel much more positive than I have in a long time…about everything.

I wanted to thank those of you who have helped me along the way, and to give hope to those who are still struggling to maintain this lifestyle.

I’m not perfect, nor do I think I will ever be, but I believe I have found a new way of life.

Thanks again Everybody!

Comments

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Congratulations! I have not lost weight or inches as of yet because I am dealing with actual food addiction issues,BUT, I have had no refined sugar or junk food, I have finally started back to exercising, I have had very few binge eating episodes and the ones I’ve had aren’t thousands of calories like before, my dark /puffy eyes look much better, I see much clearer and my skin glows. I am now at the point where food is not the total focus of my thoughts and actions and it is wonderful. I feel I am now set to progress forward towards the weight loss goal. I wanted to really change my whole relationship with food and it is happening. I think the “not perfect” attitude is the healthiest way to be, esp. with someone like me who has control issues anyway! I am feeling much more mellow these days!

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

Tinkerbelly- Lobster AND beef? WOW! I was just as bad on New Years with my New Years breakfast of french fries and hollandase sauce after a night of pigging out and drinking Mojitos.

I just am finishing a 30 day Master Cleanse and will continue with a raw diet.

We take it everyday at a time and I know it’s worth it.

Congrads on your month of good work!