Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How cows are treated at dairy farms

I suppose most of the readers here are already vegan, but for those who are on the fence about dropping dairy and meat (some do eat raw meat) this might convince you:

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/CA_2008_hal…?

Comments

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

or watch the movie EARTHLINGS with Joaquin Phoenix

Thanks for the post.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I haven’t checked your link, you’re speaking to the converted after I was given a tour of a dairy farm a few years ago. I nearly had a nervous breakdown from the stress in the air. The cows were never let outside, ever, lived in tight and not pleasant quarters, and the milking room had deafening music blaring. That’s not to say there aren’t dairy farms on the other end of the spectrum, but even if it’s organic, it can still be a factory farm.

• Socal- I tried the link but it just leads to a headline of an article. Do I need to follow that to the humane society link?

• Thanks for posting but I am def. too sensitive to watch.The things I have seen though have stayed with me that it has caused me distress. I do hope others share it with people who don’t care about the treatment of animals or are just plain clueless with whats going on.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Ya, all I got was the headline too.

The first time I picked up a PETA magazine, it had me in tears. What is it that makes some people think they have the right to mistreat animals?

• Sorry about the bad link, it was good when I placed it there. Here is a new updated one:

http://video.hsus.org/?fr_story=b2dfefe0f022213…

• Thanks for posting this! 2 years ago i had to do a paper for school and I chose it on vegetarismn, but i had no idea what I was about to witness. I was in tears for like the first 3 days and from one day to the next I became a vegetarian. then like 6 months down the line I was like im such a hypocrite how could i cry about the treatment of animals and still eat dairy and eggs and stuff like that. so then i became a vegan and its the best thing i could have done! I cant change the world nut atleast i know im saving about 90 animals a year just being a vegan. but now im here on raw trying newer and better things! i wish you all take this into consideration and becom a raw vegan!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I admit to eating the odd egg, but I get them from one of my friends. Everyone here in Italy keeps hens (I live in a rural town) and most are free ranging. Not factory farmed and kept with 24/7 lightbulbs. Vegetable gardens are also everywhere, so I also get loads of homegrown produce. I guess this is the idyllic side of the pendulum.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Yup, I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on that link!!! I had to stop watching!

What the hell is wrong with those people?! I swear, if I was there I would have taken a baseball bat to those JERKS!

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG!!!! :(

ps. Alix1962, trust me, you don’t want to click on this, you will probably be in tears.