Party Idea's

Hey everyone! My boyfriend is hosting a Super Bowl party this Sunday and I wanted to know if anyone had some simple recipes/idea’s I could use for creating snacks. It’s a small get together with both SAD and Vegan (I’m the only RAW).

I was thinking of making dips in the blender and buying raw veggies to dip – but beyond that I am stumped. I would love this opportunity to show other people how simple and tasty and satisfing just eating raw food can be.

My challenges are that I will not be in my own kitchen and I won’t have a lot of time to prepare the foods. I work on Saturday – will be shopping with my b/f Sat evening (he lives an hour away from me) and preparing the foods/snacks Sunday morning/afternoon. I don’t want to bring a whole lot of food supplies from my house, so I am looking for recipes that do not have a lot of ingredients and do not require a dehydrator.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Guacamole and corn chips… for the chip you need to dehydrate, but you can put them in the over on low w/ the door open. The chip recipe is from ‘eating w/ out heating’, pg. 99.
    Stuffed mushrooms…. I stuffed small portobello mushrooms w/ sundried toms in the center then the recipe from this site, ‘rich cheddar cheese suace’, I put them in the dehydrator for about 40 min, just to take the cold edge off, really yummy!
    Nori Rolls…. super easy with anything in them….
    Hummus w/ veggies
    Pecan Pate stuffed bell or aneheim peppers…. can cut small to be finger food
    You can make chips and crackers, which would be done by morning; You might have to get up in the middle of the night and turn them over. Also, you can use alumium foil, if you don’t have wax paper.
    HAVE FUN!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

simple yam chips make fantastic party food. thinly slice yams with a mandoline or food processor, and season with olive oil, salt, and whatever other seasoning you like (i use an italian seasoning mix). dehydrate at 105 for 6-7 hours, or until crispy. alternatively, put into an oven on low heat with the door open. remember to slice them really thin!

• FreesiaFreesia Raw Newbie

One of my favourite foods to bring is stuffed tomatoes.
    They are easy to transport and need no dehydrating.

Use small tomatoes, even cherry tomatoes, but a bit fiddly if too small.

Cut the top off the tomato, like a lid. Scoop out the innards with a melon baller or knife. Refill the tomatoes with any thing you like.. I usually use a basil, parsley and sunflower seed pate/pesto mix… any sort of dip at all works well. Make it up out of ingredients you have on hand. Pop the little lid back on top.
    You can stuff small mushrooms the same way.

Avocado dip/guacamole with vegetable crudites.. cucumber, carrot, bell pepper strips to dip .

I use a round slice of cucumber as a “cracker” base and top with any sort of dip. Mouth size pieces work well, rather than bigger pieces.

Fruit kebabs. Use a satay stick to skewer mouth sized pieces of luscious fruit in a pretty formation.. eg melon balls and cubes, mango, pineapple, orange.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

spicy broccoli mash in celery sticks. You can make the mash a day or 2 early and assemble at the party. It beats peanut butter or cream cheese!