Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do you eat?

teadeteade Raw Newbie

I’ve been doing probably 80% raw for over a month now.. When I say 80&, I mean like the occasional piece of bread, or spices, and nuts.. but its usually one or the other and never all in one day! lol.
I’ve experimented with the loads of fruit and such, like having fruit for breakfast, and it did not go well with me. All day long I would crave sugar!
So I eat a salad in the morning and feel great! I hope it doesn’t mess up my digestion like I’ve read..
Anyone else have any routine like eating?.. If so, share..
I’m up for more experimenting..haha

Comments

• a salad for breakfast? That’s interesting.
    I have the same problem as you when eating fruits in the morning. Even green smoothies as a breakfast makes me crave sugar. Can you describe what’s a typical breakfast salad for you?
    Sorry if I didn’t really answer your question. I’m struggling right now at staying raw, heehee.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

In the pH miracle it is noted that breakfast is the hardest meal to change because nothing can really sub for what people normally eat (at least in this particular diet) I have been trying to eat a little more fruit and I still get just as hungry as I used to 1 hr later. I can’t just eat more at 1 time because then my sugar goes to hi and I end up on the old sugar roller coaster. I feel very good now with my current green smoothie that has 1/2 cup berries and 1/2 lemon per serving and about 7-8 ounces of greens along with 2-3 TBSP hemp seeds and sometimes ground flax
    I can usually go from 7 to 12 or so and not be famished. Salad also holds me pretty well, too and sometimes I do a brunch salad if breakfast is midmorning.

• GTs RAW Kombucha helps me when I have hunger pangs, and might be a good drink to have after your morning meal. Also, in the book – eating w/ out heating, in the cookie section there are recipes that could double for breakfast type fixings such as, Alla’s Cranberry Scones, Te Bars and Sesame Cookies (pgs. 124-126). For example, the Te Bars are made w/ sprouted buckwheat groats and spelt, which might stay w/ you longer. Hope this helps!

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Nezumi- My salad is pretty much what I have on hand.. right now I’m really into either kale or swiss chard (the best!) And then I just slice a carrot, cucumber, and red pepper.. last time I threw on some onion.
    I’ve always loved the typical pancake, waffles, and such.. but when I ‘diet’ed (yuck) I did egg whites (in my lacto-ova vegetarian days)
    Then I did alot of steamed veggies or soup…
    But for some odd reason, breakfast is my most focused meal of the day.. like the only one I’m every sure on. haha
    Hope that’s what you were looking for.

And thanks for all the responses!
    I too can’t so the green smoothies, for some weird reason.. not just because my blender is so loud so early and my neighbors would kill me. lol.
    It just feels more natural to chew…
    haha.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i make a minimally sweet green smoothie in the morning, with an enormous handful of greens, an apple, and bee pollen.
    i take some cut up apples or a banana to school so i can grab them in between classes (i don’t have a lunch break, only about 2 minutes between each class)
    after school i’ll have a coconut, followed by either a salad or a creative raw dish, and then another green smoothie.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I find personally that eating sugar first thing in the morning without anything else will make my blood sugar crazy all day. I typically have green juice first thing, which has a one apple balanced with at least half a pound of celery and other green stuff.
    I then work out, at least minimally, and only after that will have a green smoothie with fruit. I can tolerate it much better when I am hungry from exercise. I will have another smoothie later on in the afternoon, usually a pretty fatty (coconut or hemp) and superfoody (cacao, lucuma, goji, you get the picture) more indulgent! In the evening I will have a big big salad with lots of spinach or lettuce and avocado.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I’m happiest when I start the day with a glass of orange juice and then have a big fruit salad for lunch. The fruit salad usually consists of 2-4 pieces of fruit and a few dates. For some reason, eating the fruit out of hand doesn’t work. It has to be cut up in a bowl. When I start my day this way, I feel great all day – no cravings, full, light, energized.

• i usually wake up and have a clementine and maybe an apple or banana, maybe some tomato… i snack on fruit then i have lunch

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

teade, I LOVE salad for breakfast, kale and persimmon or avo /tomatoe/ sprout salad! I usually dont have a problem with fruit in my green smoothies leaving me hungry if i ad fat from tahini or almond butter or avocado to it…but my other thought is: eat when you are hungry….I have always hated “meal” times …. graze,its what we are meant to do!