Raw Healthwise?

I was wondering if there is any significant weight loss due to eating raw, and if it will stabilize at some point?

I have lost and gained weight like crazy depending on how I eat, and I have recently been prescribed Lexapro due to depression/anxiety problems, and it causes weight gain, which I am very uptight about my weight. I want a healthy diet which can stabilize my weight. Sorry if this is a lot of information to read over.

Comments

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Couponfork, are don’t say what foods you eat. For example if you are not vegan, there is a temptation to go raw by od’ing on sweet fooods – which will not help your depression. You need to stablise your blood sugar first, so you need a good transition plan. There are experts contributing to this site who can help you. Best non expert advice I have is juice your veggies and eat your fruit whole to begin with. Stay away from dried fruits and too many nuts.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

LIke RawKaren said, stay away from lots of nuts and dried fruits. I suffer from depression too and I find they aggrevate it. I do well on fresh fruit and I eat it every day, but I try to stick with mostly salads with alfalfa sprouts and avacado, and vegetable dishes. I feel best with those. I”m not on depression meds anymore but I can say I’ve lost almost 30 pounds on this raw diet:-) BAsically, just watch your weight and if you see gain, look at what you are eating. Foods like bananas and avocado are good for you but you might want to limit the amounts, along with nuts and fatty seeds, if you see you are gaining.

• Alright, thank you very much.