Sweat for your fruit

Something I have realized since going raw… if your sweat for your fruit then you will benifit more.. you will also have less cravings for cooked junk… what I try to do is before I eat any food I must work for it… go for a run.. swim.. any kind of exersise.. just make sure you work for it… if you just sit around and put food first all the time and just keep feeding your face even if it is raw then you wont be getting the full benifits of the lifestyle.. fitness needs to come first… then you replenish what you have lost with the fruit.. we need to eat what our body needs and not what our minds want… earn your raw thru exersise.. make it fun.. the best exersise is play.. sweat for your fruit

Comments

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

lol, you know what I find is that ever since I started some kind of activity (yoga and fitness yoga classes) I feel less guilty when I eat because I know that I’ve ‘worked’ for it to some degree, if what I’m saying makes sense. My point is, I’ve experienced what you’re saying and it sure works for me!

• yes… i have noticed that many people go raw but their cravings go nuts because now they have an excuse to eat and eat. We stop eating for living and just live for eating with the excuse that, hey i am eating healthy. It becomes almost an infatuation to try different things and different restaurants to the point of becoming unhealthy. Working for your food is a good way to put food in its proper place, it is there to nourish us not just to pleasure us.

• yea in nature we would have to work to get our food.. either walk to the tree.. or climb the tree or carry the fruit home.. so to sweat for our fruit will be more in tune with your natural self…

• I agree with truthmatters! just because you have gone raw does not mean you can start stuffing your face. You still should monitor what you eat. I am working hard on setting a schedual for my meals. I eat 5 meals a day. 3 main meals and 2 snacks. Tea.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i could not agree more. i work for my breakfast every day, and dinner if i have time. exercise is SO important, in my opinion of equal importance to nutrition.