Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Just part of the process?

Tomorrow will make 1 month of being on raw foods. I’ve loved experimenting with the recipes and soaking and sprouting my seeds and nuts. I’ve lost alot of weight (which I love and needed to), and feel really good. In the last 3 – 4 days, I’ve noticed that I’m very tired in the morning when I wake up. Once I have a smoothie or some fruit, then my energy picks right up. But, I’m initally very sluggish…any thougths? Just part of the normal detox process?

Thanks for your insights…

Comments

• Firstof all CONGRADULATIONS on doing one month raw!! Thats a great achievement!

I actually stopped doing 100% raw after 2 weeks (into my 1 month plan) because of detox symptoms. My main detox symptom was EXTREME tiredness and just low, low energy. I felt that way after 2 weeks.I wish I had just suffered through it, but instead I decided to go to 50% raw for a while… In any case, Im excited about going back to 100%.

Now, I raed that taking a bath in Epson salts as well as dry brushing your body really helps in speeding up the detox process.

Hope this helps!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i had similar reaction, but i felt sort of weak in the morning. for some reason blueberries really did the trick for me.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey girl! I’m right there with you. I’m a month and a half at 100% and I’m sooo sleepy and fatigued all the time! I take about four or five catnaps a day…the only thing that picks me up is eating raw food.

I have faith in the detox…if I’m sleepy then that’s the way it is! I know it won’t last forever.

much love and good luck!

• Hi,2 years ago when I went 100% raw I ended up with severe flu symptoms,it was really interesting because I had rarelly gootn sick like this,Detox!I now eat a very high raw/vegan diet but do not restrict myself.
    I agree with some of the fatigue problems,in my opinion maybe its about missing something in your diet,or not eating enough,even though you are eating way better than many people. So in my opinion,listen to your body to make the right choices,you may be missing something. I love being raw,I “cheat” but always come back to raw eating.I now keep at all times a variety of small meals/snacks w/me at all times. Oh and LOVE the green smoothie,even though I have a hard time drinking it in the colder weather. Good luck.

• Hi Marysia,I do atleat 2-3 epsom salt baths weekle for detox and I skin brush 2x a day w/hot/cold shower. I have been doing this since may07 and feel really good.I really believe in the dry skin brushing,even got my bacon (iknow,yuck) boyfriend to get on board,he skin brushes every morning now for 6 months.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

“I agree with some of the fatigue problems,in my opinion maybe its about missing something in your diet,or not eating enough,even though you are eating way better than many people. So in my opinion,listen to your body to make the right choices,you may be missing something.”
    Good advise mham

• thanksajc,itsallaprocess.goodluckwithyourjourneytoo.

• Thank you all for your comments and help. I believe it is part of the process, and I agree that listening to the body and to spirit is the best thing. I love eating raw, and have had no desire to eat cooked food at all, so I hope this lasts. Peace to all of us on our journeys…be well..

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

Today was my 4th day raw and are feeling a little sleepy and don’t have much energy. hoping I feel better tomorrow.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

the first 2 weeks you will have alot of ups and downs for sure, for some it could be much longer. i think its important to eat very frequently in the beginning. i did alot of juicing too.