Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

MERCURY &@*%!

I should sue my dentist! My mouth is crammed with mercury fillings (5) from when I was wee and knew no better! Now I hear that it is poisoning me…I am sooo angry!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA

ARGGGGGGGGGH!

Boohoo! sniff!

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I haven’t watched the video… but you can have them removed. It just costs money.

• I know…precious money! I’m just angry at the world today. Sorry if overdramatic. Thought mebbe should spread the word but probly lots of you know already.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

numptellie13,

Yes, it’s a crime. But be thankful you have only 5 fillings to replace. I had a mouthful, it took forever. The money part of it hurt, but not remotely as much as the strain of having all that dental work done. Ugh!

I’ve found the best thing for removing the mercury toxicity is a product called Zeolite/Natural Cellular Defense (http://my.waiora.com/home.php?473235). It’s not cheap but it works extraordinarily well. You can use it now, even with the fillings in your mouth. But DEFINITELY use it when you get the fillings replaced, because removing them will release the mercury into your system.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I had these same concerns and my dentist told me that it wasn’t a big deal to get them removed

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Thank God my dentist doesn’t use the silver fillings. However, my dad has a a couple of them from a long time ago and he is going to get them removed.

Does anybody know of any detoxes that will remove mercury or other heavy metals from the body?? Any specific foods or herbs that are helpful?? Any advice out there????

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Yeah the mercury fillings suck. A word of caution on having them removed. For some its no biggie but depending on your age and the age of the mercury filling taking the old out and replacing it with a white composite could present problems. I had one removed no problem but the second led to a funky nerve problem, then root canal and crown. A total nightmare which lasted a year! Arg. Forewarned is forearmed. ;o)

I swear by infrared sauna and liquid bentonite to help mercury detox.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ive read the herb CILANTRO for detoxing heavy metals .

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Mercury fillings really mess up our health, immune system … Finding an excellent skilled holistic dentist is crucial though as it is a tricky process.
    I had mine removed in 2003 & felt a great difference afterward.
    Cilantro & chlorella together are excellent once all mercury filling have been removed to flush out everything.
    May this be helpful : )

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Thanks so much!! I’ll make my dad eat more of my creations of salsas and green smoothies, etc., with more cilantro, herbs, and greens. And I’ll do more research about liquid bentonite because I am not sure what it is. Again, I really appreciate these advice!!!

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Yeah, I’ve known that since I was little. My family just couldn’t afford the better ones, though! It totally sucks. I seriously need to get dental insurance, or any for that matter. Boo.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Like Delphine said: Spirulina and cilantro. One binds to the metal, the other one chelates it out of cells. Msm + vit C helps also. You’re supposed to use a lot two days before, and two weeks after having a filling removed. I was also quite angry when I found this out. The worst part is that my dentist thought I was crazy for wanting them out! Time to find a new dentist . . .

Now, how to best prevent any more cavities? I heard that glycerin prevents the re-mineralization of enamel. ALL toothpaste seems to have this in it!

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

Raw Chocoholic, i’m trying to help my friend with a mercury detox, and i don’t have spirulina or chlorella on me, but I do have E3 Live, the klamath lake algae… do you know if this would work just as well with the cilantro?? is it any kind of algae or it has to be one of the previous 2?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

YES CHLORELLA DETOXES HEAVY METALS!!!!! kudalalita, klamath blue green algae I don’t think does clean out the heavy metals. All I know is that the magical chlorella is very powerful in detoxing mercury. My cat knocked a fluorescent bulb and broke it so to clean out any mercury that might be lurking in us we took huge doses of chlorella.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I use Modifilan (brown seaweed). The alginates bind with the mercury. The seaweed also provides iodine. Chlorella is a binder, cilantro is a mobilizer. I used a product by Jon Barron/Baseline Nutritionals, called Metal Magic. It contains both chlorella and cilantro. I had an awful herx/healing rection with that product, even at doses much lower than suggested. I have a lot of experience in this area since I was diagnosed with mercury toxicity five years ago. I still don’t know how much has been eliminated. The trick is to go slow because if you move mercury around quickly, you get a heavy amount mobile in the body at once. It can cause more harm than good.

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

ah ok, thanks, i guess i better get some chlorella then! i haven’t heard of modifilan, i have dulse, which is brown (?) thanks for the warning too, 123, don’t want it to end worse off than the before!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Japonica Laminaria is brown seaweed. Wakame. The bad thing that can happen is that the mobile mercury can effect the nerves if large amounts cross them. There is a Yahoo! group called frequent dose chelation and the members use Andy Cutler’s protocol of DMSA or DMPS and ALA. I never did it because I didn’t want any more chemicals in my already toxic body. I did use EDTA IV chelation when I was first diagnosed and had my amalgams removed, and then Detoxamin (EDTA suppositories) afterwards. Neither of those seemed to help and I’ve since learned of their possible dangers. I’ve gone the natural, food route ever since.

I have MS. Many people believe that mercury toxicity is the cause or an effect. Members of my group (MScured) have used many products (zeolite, NDF, Salt-C) to rid themselves of mercury and all have found out that it takes time with any product or any food.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

NUMPTELIE13 - I see you are from the UK. At least you have universal health coverage, although I don’t understand exactly how it works. If dental costs you money, perhaps to ease your mind you could have a heavy metal test done and chelate if necessary. You just have to stay home or somplace where you can collect all your urine for a day. It you test clean, your fillings may not be leaching at that time. Despite this, I would say take them out if you can. I recently had mine removed and then tested to see if I had any mercury as a result of having them removed.

If is my understanding that only a biological dentists knows how to properly remove them. I could not find one so I had a regular dentist do it. Again, I might not have this right, but I believe they use a heated instrument or chemical that breaks down the mercury and separates it from the stabilizer that is used to set it. This means it could spray up in your face or go down your throat. Dentists are suppose to wear eye goggles and nose guards to prevent them from inhaing it or throwing it into their eyes where it can be absorbed. My doctor did not cover my eyes or nose, but I would ask that to be done. The eyes are easy but the nose might be a little tricky since your mouth is wide open. Good Luck.