Natural containers

I’m going to a raw food party and making chocolate pudding with raspberry sauce. I have to make several individual containers and wondering if anyone has any ideas on a natural or recyclable container I could use. Thanks!

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

A few ideas…

• Nut or cookie crust (many recipes on this site) and make tartlets – use muffin tin or tartlet molds to form the crust cups… Mold into cups the chocolate part of Chocolate Fudge Maki
    • Hollowed out fruit like an orange or tangerine cup
    • Slice a harder fruit like apple or pear and pipe pudding on top of slice… I can also see doing this with mellon that would give a cresent shape “plate”
    • Chocolate cups… I don’t know if a raw chocolate cup would work… I have done these with regular chocolate… coat (“paint”) muffin tin or tartlet molds with a chocolate mixture, chill till set, fill
    • Frozen juice cups… a little tricky… make a complimentary juice (orange, berry, etc.), pour into a mold, insert a smaller mold in the center to displace liquid to form a cup, freeze. To make it even fancier, place edible flower pedals in mold before freezing. These need to be kept in the freezer until serving time.
    • Ice cream cups… make with frozen fruit mixture… e.g. freeze banana, make ice cream, press into mold making cup in the middle, freeze until solid… you can also just mooch the banana (you can also add nuts, spice like cinnamon, ginger) without freezing it first and press into a mold, then freeze
    • Banana or other fruit cups… slice fruit, line a mold, freeze

Bon Appetit

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Great ideas Bluedolfin!!