Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help my THIGHS

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

So here’s my situation:

I dropped about 60 pounds in two years or so. I work out just about everyday, run religiously, do yoga, am 100 percent raw. My body is really shaping up and I can honestly say that I am starting to love squeezing my own ass.

My thighs are continuing to bug me. They seem..saggy. Droopy, and just…LOOSE. I was wondering if this is loose skin from losing weight, or if I continue to RUN will it go away?

Help me help my thighs! :-)

Comments

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ide believe that doing squats , without weights (or with) , would help firm / harden your thighs . so would biking . but squats are great because can do any time / any where .

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

Do you do thigh extensions with weights when you workout? I found these to be the best for me.
    The thighs are such a big muscle to tone so don’t give up!

• teadeteade Raw Newbie

Actually, I know that dropping alot of weight can cause that loose skin stuff (apparently the skin can’t keep up with a sudden drop of weight)
    I guess I would also know if its possible and how to.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

My Mom lost 80lb in her mid 30’s over a few years. She is 60 now and still has the saggy skin but her diet is not that great. She is doing better but still is healthy SAD. I think this has to do with the underlying skin structure- the collagen and such. I would use MSM for sure and anything else-food or juice-that is good for healing skin. I also agree with all of the wt lifting advice!

• I’ve never done this but as a suggestion- maybe try to check out body wraps? I know you can get organic ones that put herbs or something into you skin. I believe they are somewhat temporary but it may be worth a shot.

• According to Ron Brown, (http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm) loose skin is mostly a myth. The reason why the skin looks loose is because of excess fat with low lean mass in that area. After having my son, and since I gain weight primarily in my stomach area, my stomach looked like a Shar-pei for quite a long time. I thought I was going to need a tummy tuck! Although I’ve lost the 54 lb (I was a cooked vegan during my pregnancy) I gained during pregnancy plus 5 extra pounds since going raw, I still have to get more lean. I workout at least 30 minutes every day (well almost), and my stomach looks more firm and lean every day. Just keep eating raw and exercising, and once you get your body fat percentage low enough, your thighs will be as firm as your ass. Good luck!

• I think you should post pics of your thighs so I can really help you…just kidding, sorta.

If you can get your new skinny ass into an infrared sauna a couple of times a week for a couple of months, I think you will really like the results. Unlike regular saunas which offer a surface heat, infrared penetrates the flesh 1-3 inches so it stimulates the lymph system. It also helps your cells squeeze out excess water and debris. I’ve lost 69 lbs since I started my journey which included a transition into 90% raw over two years. I really noticed a difference in the appearance of my excess flesh when I started the sauna about a year ago. It is firming up nicely.

It takes time for your body to respond to a major weight loss and you are doing it at a nice pace… slow and steady. Your skin will slowly respond and shrink back. Not completely back to normal…but pretty close. Make sure you are getting good raw oil in your diet too. Your skin really needs that.

You might want to add some resistance weights to your workout once or twice a week. Adding definition will help too.

How much more weight do you need to lose?

• Squats and lunges, squats and lunges. Weight resistance exercises are necessary to build muscle. Aerobics and running alone will not get you the thighs you want.