River grass - edible?

Hi all. There’s a lovely little creek just in front of my house that despite the winter cold has thick green grass all along the banks and in the water. Do you think it’s edible? I’m thinking of juicing it.

Thanks,
Carmen

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I didn’t get any replies, but just in case anyone’s curious, I made a delicious smoothie with the riverside grass and as of yet no signs of bodily rejection. To the contrary – what a buzz! I suppose it could be a slow death by intoxication. Who knows? The good thing is that there are no pesticides in that creek nor or anywhere near that grass.
    :)

• I really know nothing about this, but I did read a post somewhere that said grasses were undigestable by our type stomachs (cows have 4 to handle it), and we should not eat grass. However if you juice it that makes it OK. Now I am still unclear about wheather blending it in a blender renders it digestable or not, but if you are sitll here with no stomach ache…I guess it is OK. Ha.
    Marcy

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Still ok! About 5 hours after ingesting it. I thought it might be like wheatgrass. I read Why Suffer by Ann Wigmore (the free e-copy that was circulated a couple weeks ago) and it said that no grasses are poisonous. I do seem to have a bit of wind … :(