Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Subsitute for Banana?

Hey everyone, I have a problem with bananas I am ‘intolerant’ or ‘sensitive’ to them, pretty much they make me sick. Lots of recipes particularly smoothies or pudding type ones call for bananas – is there other fruit out there that I can use in place of bananas?

Comments

• avacado

• I know its not a fruit but I was going to suggest using a nut butter depending on the recipe.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

For puddings, avocado is good. You can also try irish moss, lecithin, (some say chia), or agar.
    For green smoothies, skip the banana and use a different fruit.
    For fruit smoothies, I can’t think of anything… something like a yogurt… hmmm… smoothielove has a good idea with the nut butter, or just nuts blended with the smoothie.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Matt likes durian as a substitute for smoothies.

• apple sauce if it’s like a pie or something like that you need the mushy bindingness thing.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I don’t like banana, either. I use avocado,soaked & blended nuts, or, more often, young coconut meat (depending on the recipe), and just add dates or agave to make up for the sweetness the bananas would add.

• I agree with angie, i was going to suggest the young coconut meat, it’s quite versatile and can be sweet, tart, savory etc…

• I can’t eat bananas either. I get the shakes when I eat them. Instead of using frozen bananas for smoothies I use frozen pineapple. They are in season right now too! It taste better then banana.