Cheap fruits and veg for juice fast

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey, I am doing a juice fast and the more I juice today with my friends juicer the more I realize that I am going to be going through A LOT of fruit and veg the next few days/weeks. What are the cheapest and yet healthiest fruits and vegs I can juice? Juice fasting on a budget here. :-)

Comments

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Me too. I live in Pa and we are getting slammed with a bit of snow right now! I have only 1 grocery store that sells nice produce, 1/2 of which ends up being organic. I use a lot of celery, romaine, spinach, kale, turnip greens, carrots, beets, grapefruit, lemon, lime, sweet pot, 2 (maybe 3) apples/day, and sometimes other stuff like radish, cabbage. It does get costly with all the greens because I make sure I get at least 2 lb of the greens. I have to really watch how much fruit I juice because I tend to spike and then crash and get tired. I stick with mostly vegetables. Are you using juicefeast.com?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I visited the site for info and browsed around a bit. I need a nutbag so that I can use my blender more, but for now I am using a 20 year old juicer that still works pretty damn well. :-)

I can’t believe how potent juice is when it comes out of a juicer. I made a juice today with kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, carrot and pineapple. The taste is so intense and the more I drink it the more energetic I feel.

I read that we’re supposed to drink 4 quarts a day? That’s a lot of juice! I’m having trouble getting one quart down this morning.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I get a head rush after a qt of green juice! I think I did 3.5 the first 2 days and the last couple I am up to 4, plus 1 TBS each of vitamineral green and synergy. I usually drink the qt in 15 min or so, but at work in a rush, I have downed it in 5! Today is #7 and it is the 1st day I have been tired. I am waking at 4:30, but I have to get up by 4:45 anyway.
    The first few days,I couldn’t get enough grarefruit , now I am craving carrot! so I am off to make some more.