MSM???

Hello all!! Happy Valentines to those who celebrate it!!
I read previous Gone Raw posts, but am still unclear what MSM is taken for. what does it do? Why do you choose to take it? How does it make y’all feel?
Thanks for your time folks!!
xo Leighstar

Comments

• MSM is naturally occuring in cruciferous (brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale etc)—I stick with the whole food.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Here is a link to a page focusing on MSM’s benefits:

http://www.msmforless.com/benefits_msm.htm

I’m taking it primarily for skin issues, myself (I’m very fair, and my skin has started to show some sun damage). I take it in capsule form (too chicken to take it powdered as of yet, I’m afraid). Despite MSM’s wide availability in raw veggies (in addition to crucifers, it’s also plentiful in onions and garlic), unfortunately, I don’t digest any of them very well. I also have hypothyroid issues, and crucifers can impede thyroid function when eaten raw. So I take it in capsule form. And oh my goodness, it has made my skin glow. I’ve only been taking it for a couple of weeks, but the difference is astonishing. I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror when I stepped out of the shower today and I could hardly believe the change. I had noticed that my skin felt softer, but it looks absolutely radiant, and any unevenness in tone is fading rapidly. I’m really amazed.

Since I started transitioning to raw a few years ago, I have gradually scaled back my use of everything superfluous in my diet/medicine cabinet, and I was never big on vitamins to begin with. But supplementing with MSM really has made a noticeable difference for me. Along with E3 Live, it is one of the two supplements I make a point to keep with me wherever I go. I love it.

David Wolfe also has a wonderful topical MSM lotion, too, which comes in many scents. I learned about it via this site, and though I’ve really pared down my toiletries since going raw, this lotion is one I won’t part with. It is terrific.