Fruits and Nuts

I know you are not supposed to combine fruits and nuts (or fats for that matter) but I don’t seem to have a problem with it. Do you think its okay to combine them or even though i generally dont feel any different its still bad and I shouldnt do it?

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I don’t know…I used to think that I could combine them too, and then all of a sudden the more I ate RAW, the less I was able to tolerate that combination. Makes me very bloated and gassy.

I’d say enjoy them together while it lasts. :-)

• I second MOTH. I didn’t have a “problem” with anything in my stomach before I went raw. But your stomach becomes more sensitive as you go on. I recently stopped eating lara bars, which I wanted to do anyway since they aren’t really raw and are processed, because they made me feel nauseous and my stomach hurt a bit. Since I stopped eating them (and don’t combine fruits and nuts in any other way), my stomach feels perfect. If you do need to combine fat with fruits, I’ve had great success with avocado and tomatoes—on food combining charts, it’s an “excellent” combo. I mean it’s guacamole basically. But yeah if it’s working for you now, I don’t see any reason to change. Just be aware that things could change and pretty quickly.

• I really notice a heavy feeling when I eat dried fruit and nuts now. I think it’s because, on SAD I would be gassy and bloated all the time but on raw, I never am. Unless I load up on the dates and nuts!

• Enjoy it all while you can still tolerate it.