help with dehydrator

Hello, I’ve been making the slow transition to raw for a few months now but finally decided to get serious! I was going to buy a dehydrator online since I couldn’t find one anywhere here (I live in Maui) but a friend gave me hers that she got used but that she hardly ever used! Not one to turn down a free dehydrator, I happily accepted it however am sort of clueless how to use it. There is no instruction booklet (I’m not even sure what brand it is) and I don’t even know where to get mesh inserts or if I even need them. The model is round with 5 clear plastic trays and no temperature control (yikes!). Any tips?
Many thanks!
Kim

Comments

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

You should get the square one that stacks- that’s what I would like. Currently I have the round stacker.

Have you ever seen the ‘Sexy Bitches Like it Raw’ girls? they have some funny videos on utube where they make raw foods. The one they have in their kitchen looks like the one I saw in David Woldfe’s catalog-me thinks.

I make a lot of cookies, breads, dehydrated sprouted stuff, and dried fruits, and although I’m not exactly sure if it holds more, you can make square shapes.

Call Nature’s First Law for a catalog, or just take measurements and order online or by phone. Maybe you can just use what you have.
    The one I use has a temp. adjstr and I never us it.