Wooden Tableware

Does anyone know where I could find some good wooden bowls and cutting boards and the like? I really want to switch everything from plastic to wood, especially the cutting board, and I really think that having organic (preferably handmade) wood bowls and plates will make me feel more in touch with my food and more humbled by the act of eating.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I would try yard sales or flea markets. Or online at like ebay or craigslist

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

A lot of kitchen stores are selling bamboo plates and bowls now.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

If you don’t mind ordering online, bamboo bowls, plates and utensils are great. I just ordered a few things from this website:

http://www.thenaturalabode.com/natural_furnishi…

Pretty cheap prices for bamboo kitchenware.

Other than that, many larger Whole Foods sell the Bambu line of bamboo kitchenware and cutting boards. I have a few bowls already and they are really nice.

You can buy wooden cutting boards pretty much anywhere now (Target, BBB, LnT) but bamboo is sustainable and a very resislent hardwood which makes it great for things like cutting boards etc.
    I would go with the bamboo over other woods.

• wow that website is great queenfluff!

• Trudat. That website is awesome!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I just spent the last half hour looking at the website. What fun. I may point out the sun oven to the cooked foodists in my life.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

It’s a pretty great site. The only thing is they don’t keep it updated too well. I order the bamboo plate in blue but they were out of it and won’t be having any more in and I had to pick an alternate but the customer service is really nice and the person got back to me right away.

I also ordered some stuff from this site which is on the same vein:

http://www.greenhome.com/

I ordered from them before and the shipping was very slow and it was hard to get in touch with them but hopefully that has changed as my bf got me a gift certificate for Xmas and I ordered some more stuff from them. We shall see….