how much food?

heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’m under 5 feet tall, 100lbs and i think i’ve been eating too much. my belly is bloated and distended tonight. i’m transitioning to a mostly raw diet. my goal is to be flexible with maybe one meal a day cooked. i’ve got my new blendtec and i love it so much! so fun.

my question is, any where out there is there a guideline, even something loose that i can follow to help me through this too much or not enough bumpy road?

fyi, i’m also a runner, i rebound, do yoga and lift weights 5 to 6 days a week.

thank you so much!

Comments

• A tip I got was to sepperate sugars from fats. Eventhouogh they taste great together, and I do love them together, limit your intake of nuts and drid fruit together. I have been having a similar problem to yours as I have recently gone raw and I find it happens when I eat too much “water rich” foods at one meal like mangos and tomatoes. It helps when I eat more greens like spinach, brocoli, bok choy, etc. with soaked lentils or my new personal fav. soaked garbanzos. If I discover anything else I’ll be sure to pass it on. Hope this helps!

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

I’ve been monoeating for the last 3 weeks and every last bit if bloatedness has dissapeared.

Monoeating is when one food at a time is eaten until you feel full.

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

monoeating is interesting, i’ve been thinking that might be good for me, thanks!

and i’ll keep that combining issue in mind too!

i still feel pretty horrible this morning, i think i’ll just have water until this passes.

i think overall i’m struggling with a common problem- lots of learning and experimentation. has there been a “my story” kind of thread yet? that’d be great to read!

thank you again!