Joint pain...what the heck to do?

Hello…...I have been about 80% raw for close to 2 weeks now with a few stumbles but all in all I am loving it! I have battled with odd joint pain for years (it feels like arthritis but it isn’t) and in the last week I have had a few flare ups which is unusual for me (I am diligent about self care when it comes to this) and I can not figure out what could be causing this…...is there anything you could recommend to add to my smoothies or diet in general? or could this just be my body detoxing???
my days consist of meusli with fruit and 1 cup of black tea (the only caffeine I have in the day) in the morning, a smoothie with Berry greens suprfood mix and hemp protein (and any type of fruit and veggies that taste good together!) for lunch and then maybe some nuts or fresh fruit in the afternoon….for dinner this could be salad or another smoothie or maybe soup…...I try to listen to my body but I am still learning this….

Please advise…..Thank you!

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

It is not uncommon for a health challenge to “flair” when starting to give the body more nutrition than usual. This is actually a good sign! Check out the Detoxing/Cleansing/Correcting Response thread for more info. There are tons of other threads discussing this issue. Search on keywords on the Forums tab.

To your wellness…

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Are you eating a lot of nightshade vegetables (potatoes. tomatoes, eggplant, peppers)? They irritate joints in some people.

http://www.archure.net/salus/nightshade.html

• Just knowing that this is normal and could be a good thing helps!!!

I don’t eat nightshade vegetables although come to think if it the soup I had yesterday for dinner had potatoes in it…(i purposely ate around them but obviously i should have avoided it all together!!) Then I woke up with pain today

Thanks guys!....keep the info coming please! :)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

The pain might be food related… keep a food and health journal (write down everything you put in your mouth, everything! even your water intake) and track your pain, moods, energy, etc.. See if there is a correlation between your pain level or other issues and what you eat or drink…

• Maybe should apply some mud packs to your joints, it helps a lot. My mother also has joint pains, especially in her hands, and when she keeps applying the mud packs she feels much better! I don’t know if there are thermal baths near you, if there are you should try that as well!

• Mud packs sound nice…

I think my body is just having a rough day….later in the afternoon I got so tired and my stomach has been fli[ flopping all over….thanks for the tips…lets hope tomorrow is better!