Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

funyons

i love these chips anyone know of a raw recipe for one?

Comments

• no- but off the top of my head, cut some onion rings. then make a “crust” with ground pine nuts mixed with garlic powder and maybe some salt n pepa. dip the onion rings in some water or brush them with olive oil to make them stick, then roll in the pine nut mixture to cover them. dehydrate until they seem crispy. don’t know if that’ll work, but hey, try it and let us know! havn’t eaten those since like 8th grade, weird…

• whATS a funyon?

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

a mock food / deep fried onion ring looking thing thats like wheat flour or something near shaped in the form of an onion ring , seasoned with onion powder then deep fried . comes in a yellowish colored bag .

rawrach your recipe sounds good . i used to be addicted to funions .

• So here’s what we’ll do. We take some corn chip recipe and a bit of onion sea salt and other spices grind that into a pulp. We then form the dough into rings on a dehydrator mat and dehydrate till it’s crisp, and viola. Since the actual description of a funyon is an onion flavored corn chip in a ring shape :).

• OH,now I remember,there was a girl in my art class Lee who ate these everyday,sorry they smelled awful!Ha. Hope you find a yummy raw alternative. Some say no to onions but I do like them ,not funyons though!!!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Ok Chris, sounds like you got it, now get to work on it! Make sure you make enough to go around ;-) he he

• ok i am gonna have to try urs chris and rawrach and see who reigns supreme!! sorry too much iron chef america:P hey chris at what temp rawrach what temp

• No temp in mind, just dehydrate till crunchy :)

• haha – i’d be interested too, as i never actually made this. i would probably do as high as you feel comfortable with, 115 or so, and it will probably take at least 24 hours. alternatively, looking at chris’s, you could take all the ingredients in mine and grind them all up together and form some little dough rings before dehydrating instead of making like an onion ring.

• Oh yeah…that sounds good! Gotta make the dough kinda light and fluffy somehow…will think on it but when you all get a recipe worked out PLEASE post!

• light and fluffy? Is there such a thing in raw when it comes to dehydrated things?