Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

SWF HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on a juice fast started Monday (on day 5). If you would have asked me yesterday lets say around 5:00 p.m. how was I doing I would have answered “great, feel really good, no hunger, no craving, really coasting through this.”

And then 6:30 rolled in . . .

I know I am not supposed to, but, do to time issues I decided to do a salt flush. Drinking was not as big a deal as I thought, however:

1 – Did not really work for me!! I had only one visit to the bathroom, and even that, was not that successful.

2 – Had a terrible night, I was so thirsty all night long I could not sleep

3 – Morning was not much better, woke up bloated and dry at the same time. To find out I gained 2 pounds and got my period 10 days early.

I have been miserable ever since. I have a horrible taste of salt in my mouth, my eyes and everything else is as dry as can be, I feel a constant need to drink, I am resisting it fearing major water retention.

Help some one, any one, I need to try something, because I am crushing badly. At this point I don’t feel the need to go off the diet, I am however, very unhappy and need a way to clear my body of the salt.

Thank you for managing to read this long winded miserable message.

Comments

• Hi Techelet,
    Don’t be so miserable, drink as much as you can, including herbal teas such as dandelion and nettle these will prevent the water retention in your body and at the same time help you to get rid of the salt. You should do some exercises eg. walking, cycling.. whatever or go to an infrared sauna, to help removing the unnecessary salt.

• Techelet, A couple of things…

First, you need to drink LOTS of water in order to rid your body of the salt it is holding onto. You’ll retain if you don’t get enough water.

Second, the salt water flush is best done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Use 2 teaspoons of good, non-iodized sea salt to 1 quart of warm water. I use rounded teaspoons, but everyone is different so you may need to experiment to find the right ratio for you. If done correctly, you should be able to completely eliminate the saltwater (and anything in it’s way) within a couple hours.

Hang in there & drink, drink, drink.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Definitely don’t do the SWF in the evenings!!! It won’t go through you properly, needs to be done on a completely empty stomach. Keep drinking!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

drink PLENTY of water, its lack of water that makes you retain, not an excess of it.

• drink water and juice containing plenty of potassium, like apple.